Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Belated Merry Xmas and New Year!

Right, so why haven't i posted for a while. Well, (1) I've had exams, work and such in my final GCSE year, although that's not really an excuse as I don't exactly kill myself. and (2) I have nothing to write - apart from the usual everyday stuff that most people who have a blog write about. And they somehow think they're special. Look, no-one's interested. What percentage of the blogs stored on Google (who own Blogger)'s servers is worth looking at.

So, I've kind of been saving up things to say that are worth saying...

Firstly: I joined TheStudentRoom, a forum that's pretty good if you're a student at anything from GCSE to University level. Has academic forums, but also general stuff.

Secondly: You know that Intel Inside theme tune? Always on those PC World adverts. Why does it seem to last half the advert? It's PC World's advert, Intel are hijacking it. I mean Dell don't get a mini-advert, or Hewlett Packard.

Now it goes: Get a Dell PC with Cd Drive and Intel Inside *duh--di-di-di-ding microprocessor for only £499. That's Intel *duh--di-di-di-ding* 's newest version!

(Incidentally, the *duh--di-di-di-ding* was written by a famous German composer that Intel comissioned specifically to write a jingle.)

I decided to find out why, and with a bit of Googling, I found something that I suppose I should have expected from a huge spineless corporation: Intel pay half of the advertising cost of all adverts from companies that sell their stuff but only if they include their theme tune in all adverts and include their logo printed largely on all their print. And guess what? The funding only continues if the retailers agree to stop mentioning any competitors to Intel (e.g. AMD) or advertise a competitor's product in their stores.

What can I say? Seems pretty unfair and immoral practice (c'mon it's basically a bribe) , but if it's legal...

Moving on... feel free to tell me to get back to work when reading this, as I most probably should be be doing something I'm not (or vice versa)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home