Thursday, March 02, 2006

1 in 6 billion...

... it's the chance you have of getting laid if you're not very picky
... if everyone in the world had a lottery ticket, it's the chance that you would win the jackpot...

...but more importantly it reminds you that however deep and introspective you get, you're life is one in a billion, nay, six billion and that there is no other like you. Why am I telling you this? Well, at the moment it's the name of the 'band' that has been founded. Whether it will survive the test of time and whether I'll end up having any part in it is to be seen. Meanwhile have a poem/possible song lyric, written by Mike Nash everybody, yeah. That's Mike 'the flash' Nash wrote this, so you better damn read it:

Ignorance

Don't wanna read the paper
cos I don't like bad news
Last night a man got shot
Outside the House of Blues
I'd like to ignore it
I'd like to just pretend
But what's the reason for it
Its something I don't comprehend
I don't listen to the radio
Last time it made me cry
Two little boys went crazy
And Fifteen kids died
I don't know their families
I don't ask them how they're going
They're on the other side of the world
But I don’t care what they’re doing

I've got something to say
And I thought it might be worth a mention
If you're not pissed off at the world
Then you're just not paying attention
And you can turn off the TV
And go about your day
But just cos you don't see it
Don't mean it's gone away

We don't talk to our neighbors
They've got funny colored skin
We see them on the pavement
But we don't invite them in
We eat when we’re not hungry
And we throw the rest away
While babies in Cambodia
Are starving everyday
We risk our lives
We hit our wives
We act like everything is funny
We hide our pain
While we go insane
We sell our souls for money
We curse our mums
We build our bombs
We make our children cry
We watch the band
While Vietnam
Just watched their children die


What is the meaning of this poem?
What am I trying to say?
That just because you ignore life’s issues
Doesn’t mean they will go away
Ignorance is what I’ve mentioned
To me, that much is clear.
But the situation the world is in
Sometimes just makes me want to disappear

3 Comments:

At 6:31 pm, Blogger Andrew said...

Yes, I am commenting on my own blog. I know

 
At 7:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha wahey i bet you thought this was somebody actually saying something didnt you?

 
At 8:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. never knew nash could write lyrics like this. let me know if you use them because if you dont can me and joe use them for our band? well done nash on some very good lyrics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home